The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Friday 25 May 2012

In a gardening mood.

This is the week of the Chelsea Flower Show and though I never visit I greatly enjoy watching the twice daily programme on BBC.  This despite not always agreeing with the format and being a bit irritated with Alan Titmarsh trying to the constantly funny!

The Show Gardens by the famous designers are well to the fore and of course it's fun picking out a favourite.  I immediately fell for this one by Cleve West and was chuffed when it won not only a Gold but also Best in Show!


I just love all aspects of this garden, the wonderful topiary, the stonework, the beautiful ornamental gates and of course the inspired planting.  Oh it is just fabulous and quite different for Cleve West, who also won Best in Show last year!  

Of course after looking at this fabulous garden and another one which I will show you next, you look at your own and feel dissatisfied.  However, one must remember that these are artificial concoctions, as all the plants have been manipulated by various horticultural means, to not only appear perfect but also flower at the same time.  They are dream gardens but what's wrong with dreaming?  Now I'm off to the Garden Centre!


2 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Mary. Just love your "dream" garden photos. Oh my. My garden will never look anything close, but I'm not complaining--I'm just happy if things will be green during the month of August, never mind the flowers!
best, nadia

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I would love to see the Chelsea Flower Show in person! I love English gardens and try to incorporate some of their features in my garden—as much as my Iowa climate will allow!