The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Tuesday 15 March 2011

My friends in Japan

I have just been reading Jacqueline's tribute to Japan in her Needleprint blog -
http://needleprint.blogspot.com/
and I can't really better what she says - do read it.

Many of the large Japanese electronic companies had factories here in Wales and the wives of the managers came to our textile classes.  They were such fun and we had many happy times with them.  They loved it here in Wales and didn't want to leave, indeed some had to leave their children behind because they had settled here.

Language difficulties caused much amusement and just when we were making progress they returned home.  Some I am still in touch with, others not so, as over time communications falter, but my thoughts are with them all now when tragedy has fallen on Japan.  May they be safe.

I have been searching for a suitable picture and knowing how they admire our traditions and all things British I am sending them my thoughts and prayers with some of my favourite things -



I am an anxious traveller and don't like leaving home but I have been to Japan and I loved it.  It is the one of the few places that I would like to visit again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.