The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Friday 25 March 2011

Another farewell

When you read this I will be in New York, and while I am there my dear little Chesterfield, which my mother bought me and which has been with me for many years, is to be re-upholstered.

At the moment is is covered in Liberty Ianthe, which I love and am reluctant to change.  Though it is a very bold print it seemed to fit in with my colour scheme in whichever room it graced, but I have decided that it is to go in my new garden room and there I intend to have a simpler, less patterned look.
 

Of course I wouldn't be doing this at all if the cats hadn't used it as scratching post while it's been in my present living room.  This has forced my hand, but oh I'm going to miss that lovely pattern, which can hardly be seen in the picture, but it is there - disguised with cushions!  Here's a better one with Wilfred - one of the culprits -


I'm a Cancerarian and apparently we have trouble letting go of things, so I'm asking the upholsterer to save as much of the fabric as possible so that I can do something with it for old times sake!

2 comments:

Susan Briscoe said...

Good idea to salvage the fabric - and I expect you will make something very lovely out of it too.

Bertie said...

I do wonder sometimes why I don't throw things out, but now I know the answer :)) I do love you cushions and wished I was the cat-) Look forward to see what has been salvaged, have a great time in NY.