The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Sunday 12 May 2013

A dresser from Pinterest

Thank you for your recent interest in my Pinterest posts and your comments - it's so nice to receive comments!  I know there are lots of you out there reading this who don't comment - please take time to leave a comment as I get so envious of other blogs where there are masses!  Dutch readers I know you are there, please say something!  I know many of you are EB fans too because there are quite a few Dutch stockists and I buy from a dealer there!

Well this is really a follow up to my previous blog about pinning pictures. As you know I love dressers and save pictures of them and I found this one on Pinterest recently -


Don't worry I'm not breaking the rules, I asked the pinner and owner of the dresser if I could show it here and she has given me permission to use it.  I just put a comment on the pin and she replied with another comment!

I don't know her but I do wish I did and could visit this dresser and question her on her collection!  What a wondrous thing it is! I especially like the double hung rows of mugs.  Just zoom in on this picture and drool!

Pictures of mixed dressers are few and far between, especially with EB collectors because everyone is matching and co-ordinating. They are also  obsessed with PINK.  Don't get me started on the current obsession with pink objects, that's quite another rant altogether, but sufficient to say that though I do like it as a colour and always have, I now avoid it because I don't was to be associated with  it's girly connotations.  One would think the 70s hadn't happened!

Sorry I did begin to rant, let's go back to this glorious dresser and just admire!

16 comments:

Chris said...

Omg. Do you think she uses all those bits!
And dustings so over-rated isn't it.

Supergoof said...

Goodmorning Mary, OMG I love the dresser!
And I now know for sure, that my EB 'collection' really needs some new items,...
*Ü*

samplerlover said...

Good evening Mary (Downunder) what a stunning collection. How lovely would it be to have such a wonderful collection in such a beautiful dresser. I'm sure that there are many of us out there who would love this. I know that I would.

Martine said...

Love the dresser and E.B. pottery with chickens are my favo's.
Have a nice sunday.
Martine

Rustic Pumpkin said...

That is a joy to behold! I'm so pleased I came across your blog (via Pinterest I think it was)as it speaks much that is dear to my heart. One thing, for certain, I would not like to have to dust that dresser!

Sigrun said...

What a great photograph from the Bridgewater Collection. I love it! Some years ago we visited the pottery.

Sigrun

regan said...

What an amazing collection! And that dresser itself is beautiful....I love the different knobs! So fun!

Jenny Rose-Innes said...

Hello Mary... It really is an amazing collection... and just wanted to leave a comment ... like you, I feel that it is sometimes a little disconcerting not receiving comments!!! I think people are a little afraid of leaving them? Anyway.. I'm glad I stumbled on your blog again as for some reason google reader has been wonky for a while!! Jenny ... oh a tip someone gave me was to remove the word verification!! xx

joseph sorbara said...

Well I thought the kind of grandmothers that quilted away and granted fairy tales were only in story books...,

K&T said...

Pop in often to read your blog, first time leaving a comment, so enjoyable

Shirley said...

Fabulous dresser Mary. Keep pinning away. Good old EB they are doing great things in Stoke. No complains from this Stokie Girl. I love my pink unashamedly but I wouldn't want it to look too much like Barbara Cartland.

audrey said...

Love your dresser pins! Makes me want to get serious about collecting.:) I have had conflicting thoughts about pink through the years esp. when my girls were young, but now I have discovered that I adore me some rose pink in my quilts. Lovely touch of sweetness!

Betsy said...

The dresser and collection are fabulous. Great pin.

Holly said...

Hello! I'm not sure how I found you, just blog hopping today. But, I'll bookmark you! I LOVE that dresser and the EB pottery. I collect Fiesta pottery, all different colors, but love any and all pottery! I look forward to reading your back posts!

Anne from Wales said...

Beautiful dresser - I'm very much in awe of how many lovely things you have hanging there!

Changing the subject - where can I buy a 'proper' copy of your book "Little Welsh quilts" please.....one made of paper that I can take with me where there is no computer ?
I now have TWO e,copies but I want a PAPER one.
Your publisher kindly said that I could print a copy off the e,book but I would much prefer an original copy.

Any suggestions ?

Little Welsh Quilts and other traditions said...

Sorry Anne from Wales - you can only buy my book "Little Welsh Quilts" in eBook form.
That's the way things are going nowadays and more books and magazine are published this way. The good thing is that they will be many more of them and a greater variety!