The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Saturday 2 June 2012

More Diamond Jubilee

Well 21 metres of bunting isn't enough, so I've just been out to buy more!  Needless to say the shops have sold out of Union Jack bunting, all that was left was red, white and blue, so that and a few balloons will have to do! 

As I sit here at my computer viewing the garden and my summer house where the celebrations are being held, the bunting that has been hung is blowing in the breeze and rain is forecast.  Keep your finger crossed that it is fine on Monday!  I will post some pictures when the scene is set!

Here are some to go on with, taken in London by EB collectors on Facebook.  Hope these convey some of the excitement as celebrations begin -

This is Covent Garden
and this is Regent Street

I am really looking forward to the Thames Pageant on Sunday, but rain is forecast.  Do hope it doesn't spoil the fun because it promises to be a great spectacle and the preparation has been huge.


1 comment:

Jan said...

How exciting! Keep us posted - wish I could see it in person.