The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Thursday 27 November 2014

Thanksgiving Greetings


I usually try and find a beautiful American quilt to greet you on this day!  However, because I'm under the influence of my visit to Stoke on Trent, which I have yet to tell you about, I am sending you instead, a Turkey platter made in that city!


This beauty was made by Spode who manufactured in it's vast factory in Stoke from 1774 to 2008, when it finally closed.  The brand was subsequently purchased by Portmeirion, who continue to make Spode branded wares at their own factory in Stoke.

A sad and familiar tale, but at least the name continues albeit in a somewhat diminished form!

 

Greetings from Wales to all 

Across the Pond on this 

Thanksgiving Day!



4 comments:

lynda said...

Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes! I have been using my turkey dishes for several weeks...will change over to Johnson Bros. 'Happy Village' next! Love china and own too much...same with fabric!

QuiltGranma said...

love the transfer-ware pattern. Thank you for sharing. Greetings to you from eastern Oregon State, USA. Love your blog!

Ellen T. said...

Mary, All your warm thoughts are welcome and are returned with interest.

Pat said...

Always have a very soft spot in my heart for transferware. What a lovely platter you have shared - any turkey would be proudly served on it. Our Thanksgiving Day looks more like Christmas with new snow on the ground and a temperature of 4 degrees and dropping tonight.
Always dreaming of a visit to Wales....