The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Friday 22 April 2011

Beautiful Spring in Wales

I am an urban person and live in the suburbs and I regret to say that I don't often venture into the countryside.  However, last weekend visiting Lampeter and teaching at the Quilt Centre, I did drive through Wales and as always was struck by how sensationally beautiful the countryside is.  Of course the glorious Spring weather helps enormously, but my goodness we are so lucky to have all this beauty around us.

This was the view from my bedroom window at the farmhouse -


As I was driving I couldn't take pictures but I have taken some of part of my front garden to share with you - the first is the view from my workroom window (Bella has managed to get into the picture again). I couldn't believe how it had changed in just a few days absence -





I can't pretend my garden is as beautiful as nature but we are having the loveliest Spring and everything is burgeoning.  Of course as gardeners we want rain but in the meantime I glory in this warm sunny weather and hope to take advantage of it this weekend.

Hope you all have a very happy Easter break.

3 comments:

liz said...

What a beautiful series of photos. I felt transported.

Nicky said...

What a neat and tidy garden - mine is sadly a bit less so but it doesn't really matter when you are out there, and can hear the birds. Enjoy your sweet garden and Happy Easter!

Sue said...

Your garden looks lovely Mary. I love to use box in the garden . It gives it such structure.