The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Another talk and Serendipity

Well after saying that I didn't enjoy giving talks anymore, here I go again with the spare bed covered in stuff!


Why?  My friend Jackie, who is the Regional Co-ordinator for Region 12 of the Guild, asked me to speak at the Regional Day in Port Talbot this Saturday.  I know that job - a few decades ago I was doing it and I know the problems, so I agreed!  No more I say - unless I get an offer I can't refuse!

Sometime serendipity comes into play when fabric or quilts are thrown together.  This time a quilt top that is on the back burner because I can't decide on a border, found itself thrown on a finished quilt -

 
I liked the combination!  Must try and remember and look out that blue fabric - it's an old Laura Ashley dress fabric remnant and I think I have lots!  Finding it though - that's another matter!  



3 comments:

regan said...

Oh yes! That border would be perfect for that top! What luck that you were playing with them!

Tessa said...

Great, serendipity rocks! Was the talk today, or is it next week ?

Little Welsh Quilts and other traditions said...

The talk was yesterday, my very last one!