The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Thursday 20 October 2011

Red Room

As you know red is a favourite colour of mine and when I saw this picture browsing the net I couldn't resist sharing it with you -

 
It's such an attractive image and there are lots of things I like - the toile wallpaper, the oval framed pictures and the striped carpet and of course the red and white quilts as curtains - what luxury!  However, some things are a little fussy for me - I don't think I would choose the dressing table or the swan bed and that lamp - terrible dust collectors in a bedroom.  I prefer a more simple Scandinavian or New England way with furniture, but what a sumptuous look?

Returning briefly to my last post, the cottage in Stow on the Wold,  here is the link where you can have a virtual tour - http://www.english-country-cottages.co.uk/sites/english-country-cottages/pages/PropertyDetails_C.aspx?QS=2B831DC8-E0A4-4868-B1DF-DDB2FE4FD44A~C~NZR~~216~GBP~~~~A~~~~0~~0~~~~~&gclid=CM_56_ji8asCFZFc4QodACPZwg

I shall be travelling to Mid Wales this weekend to attend the British Quilt Study Group annual gathering and also hope to visit Darowen.   I have wanted to do this ever since I did some research on the Richard sisters who made the coverlet which is now at St. Fagans (see earlier post).  I will tell you all about both soon!

2 comments:

Sue said...

What decadence - quilts for curtains. I agree simpler furniture would look far smarter.

Enjoy BQSG gathering.

Shirley said...

In the Cath Kidston shop in St.Ives they have a curtain to screen as a changing room but it is made of vintage fabrics and hexagons, updated with large eyelet holes. It looked fab teamed with their roses wallpaper and red paint. Now I know what to do with my large box of old hexagons.