The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Sunday 1 May 2011

Best Dad Award

I would like to award a Best Dad Mug by Emma Bridgewater to Michael Middleton, the father of the new HRH Duchess of Cambridge.


There has been a great deal of coverage on all aspects of this wedding but nobody seems to have mentioned him. 



I think he did the most wonderful job and must have given great support to the bride before the ceremony. His journey down the aisle was measured and calm and he managed it without stepping on her train.  He looked just like a dad ought to look at his daughter's wedding.  I salute him!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for this post, Mary! I agree with you absolutely.

Shirley said...

Agreed. The whole family show such taste and decorum which some members of the Royal Family should pay attention to.

Jan said...

I agree - wonderful job & barely mentioned! Here, here!!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh good for you, I was admiring him whenever he was on camera, what a great guy he seems to be!

Sue said...

Yes Great job. I loved how he held her hand high. He was treating her as a Princess before she became one.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I must agree with you, Mary. Michael did a wonderful job. It must have been nerve-wracking for him to avoid stepping on his daughter's train but did a good job of concealing it!